Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Be Yourself.

Today was a slow, hard day. Not gonna lie.
I went to my dentist appointment, came home after my job, changed into my pajamas, and I just cried.
I don't even really know why. Maybe lonliness. Possibly hunger. Probably both.
So I put some of my old movies (Runaway Bride, You've Got Mail, ya know. Stuff like that) into my dinosaur t.v. in the basement, and just thought.

What would it be like to be that girl who gets called and texted every 5 minutes? You know who I'm talking about. I'll bet almost everybody knows somebody like that. That person who is gorgeous on the outside but (it seems like) has different personalities around different people? The one who gets invited to all the cool parties right in front of you, and talks about it even when you aren't invited?
That's when I realized that I don't want to be like that. (I was near the end of You've Got Mail at that point. Love that movie.)
I realized that I don't need to turn myself into somebody I'm not for just one person. I need to find those friends out there who want to hang out with who I am on the inside.
So guess what? I'm a loner. Yup, that's me.

I wear my pajamas around the house, and
firmly believe that cereal is a 24/7 food.
I actually LOVE salad,
I speak fluently in movie quotes and
I'm not organized like my mom. At all.
I can't wake up to my alarm clock, and
I think that the cookie dough is better than the actual cookie.

That's me. And you know what? I'm actually ok with that.


WORDS TO LIVE BY. Right there.
Anyways, just wanna end on the note that you should be yourself. Never ever change for somebody else. EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment