Friday, November 9, 2012

Snowflakes and a Cup o' Cocoa.

 Thats right folks. Today it snowed here in Bountiful.
Yipee.
Now don't get me wrong, I love winter, and I love snow. (you kind of have to when you live in Utah...)
When everything is white and the trees look like they've been dusted with powdered sugar, then life is absolutely perfect.
But when it looks like somebody gave a 5 year old the powdered sugar duster, two feet later, you realize that you don't like it that much.
Even when there's a lot of snow (and I mean a lot!) there are some pluses to snowy weather.  I am so lucky to live right beneath the Bountiful LDS temple, and let me tell ya, it is gorgeous.


And hey! Snow does give you some pretty good excuses to do some great stuff, if I do say so myself..
So here are a few fantastic things to do when the chilly weather hits. Ha.

1. Hot Cocoa.
I love hot chocolate. Story of my life here, ladies and gentleman.  If you know me, you should know that I'm the kind of girl who drinks hot cocoa in the summer, I love it that much.  I love how the steam rolls off your face, and the creamy taste you get from whipped cream.  So go make yourself some hot chocolate topped with 10 marshmallows, a wad of whipped cream, and a candy cane. Oh yeah.

2. Fuzzy Socks
This is a must, peeps. Comfort is essential at this point in time, so go grab your most snuggly sweats, and your fuzziest socks and get ready to relax...

3. Books, Books, Books.
Oh how I love books. I've decided that it is more important to finish a book at night then to be mentally present the next morning, I love them that much.  Now, all you gotta do is find a great new book, re-read, or short novel that was assigned in english today..... 

4. Watch a Movie
Or two. Or three. And it's gotta be a good one. I mean, a really good one. Such as:
Tangled, Up, Pirates of the Carribean, any of the Harry Potter movies, Elf, or a good chick flick will always do (:

5. Cookies
You can never go wrong with cookies. Ever. Cookies, cookie dough, cookie crumbs - any form, any shape, any size, and kind - you get the point.  My winter day favorites? Gingerbread cookies or chocolate chip cookie dough.  Mmmm-mmmm.  

So those are just a few of my favorite things to do, but you find whats best for you (:
Well, hope everybody has a sensational friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment